Tuesday, July 30, 2013

God Really Has a Sense of Humor!

You would think it was spring, well actually my office is long over due for an overhaul or a purging would be more like it! In so doing I was going through those little stacks of notes one can tend to pile up and I found another fortune from a fortune cookie.  I can't believe how God has spoken and confirmed things through those silly fortunes!

At the end of June I attended a Writer/Speaker conference in Grand Rapids, MI, Speak Up, put on by Carol Kent. What an amazing time my friend and I had there. I took the writer's track and she the speakers. Wonderful time with talented people and such a great help for me knowing nothing about writing a book.

In the months of preparation before going I asked the Lord to give me an answer. Is my writing something that I should continue with or give up. You see I have been in the process of writing my crazy story for some time, just not knowing what to do with it or where to take it. I also have a desire to write on a couple of my speaking topics and I just really wanted my Father's approval before going any further.

While at the conference there were publishing agents and editors in attendance and I was so blessed to get some very positive feedback from three of the four I had appointments with. So possibly that means I should continue my adventure with writing is what I'm thinking. I'm not saying I have a book deal, but I feel very favorable about the outcome and with all that I learned while there. 

So then a month later I am cleaning my piles at work and find this crazy fortune which tells me that I love words and that some day I am going to write a book! I have to say, if God can speak through a donkey He can sure speak to me once again through a fortune! 

So is it crazy to see God's approval in a fortune? Did I do the right thing by putting out the fleece so to speak and asking Him if I was on the right track (or should I say write track!) I know this, I will continue to write and hopefully someday soon I just might have that book or two to share with you!

Is there a dream somewhere deep inside of you? Don't you dare give up...begin to pray it through and into being!

No comments:

Post a Comment